Insights Quarterly is a research initiative between Fujitsu and Microsoft created specifically to fund and publish research into today’s ICT challenges and solutions.
We recognise that CIOs and IT professionals have a difficult job. Budgets are tight, management demands more accountability and greater ROI from their ICT investments. At the same time there is a constant clamour for new technologies and capabilities. To shed light on these challenges we went to the CIOs themselves, people like you who can provide real insights grounded in real experience.
Volume 3 – Connectivity And End-User Computing In Australia
This edition of Insights Quarterly focuses on communications and connectivity issues, with special attention to emerging technologies and practices such as mobile computing and bring your own device (BYOD) computing.
In this survey we found, among other things that:
- BYOD is happening very quickly
- Security is a major concern
- Unified Comms is a trend not a technology
- Mobile Data and Hardware spends will increase
- Local conditions have greater influence over ICT
- The biggest growth is on IP Telephony (VOIP)
- Public VPN is replacing private data networks
- Virtualisation continues
- Volume 1 – Q3 2011 – Key ICT Trends and Priorities
- Volume 2 – Q2 2012 – Cloud In Australia
- Volume 3 – Q1 2013 – Connectivity and End-User Computing in Australia